PROCRASTINATION PRINCESS



Hey guys.
As you've undoubtedly gathered from the title, this post is going to be centred around one topic: Procrastination. Specifically, my procrastination.

I'm almost entirely positive that all of you are aware of what procrastination is.
For those of you who don't, procrastination is the abstract noun word used to describe the action of delaying/putting off something. While this may not seem like a very important issue to some, it's become a real problem in my life. And based on the amount of material I've found on the internet whilst procrastinating, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that other people struggle with it too.

No really, I once found a website called Procatinator whilst procrastinating. It's a website where they play a random cat gif to music. Go check it out. Right now. I'll wait.

...

Are you done? Good. It's basically my version of heaven, but the point is that whilst procrastinating does sometimes result in the discovery of something great, for the most part it just creates more problems. At this point, procrastination has become complete habit to me. I actually don't think that I'm capable of finishing a piece of work without at least three hours of random activities, before during and after doing the work.

For instance, in October I was given an essay title. It had to be completed within two weeks and needed to be approximately 2000 words. I completely put off doing it every day of those two weeks, meaning that I had to essentially write it all in one night. Long story short, I got it done and it was an ok essay. But I felt terrible about it. I felt angry because I'd stressed myself out about it by leaving it so late. But more importantly I felt guilty about it because I knew that if I'd started earlier and done it piece by piece then I might have done better..

Honestly the only reason I'm bringing it up is because I feel especially guilty about the fact that I've posted next to nothing on here recently. I mean I doubt anyone really cares, but the guilt is there nonetheless. I though I was completely organised: I had multiple reviews planned out, I just had to write them out fully. But instead of keeping to the schedule I had planned however, I decided to put off the first one thus creating a complete domino effect.


(It kind of gets to me that this gif cuts off half way through)

I ended up writing none of the reviews and now I'm not even sure if I remember the books well enough to write good reviews about any of them.

Also, I've recently come to the conclusion that in a few years time I'm no longer going to be a teenager and therefore my blog's entire concept is going to be completely wrong. So at some point Ill have to rethink the name. And I'll have to make a new header.. *Sigh*

So, I'd just like to say that I'm sorry for not posting lately. I'm going to attempt to train myself into being less lazy and stop procrastinating. Furthermore, I'm sorry if I haven't been replying to emails recently, I've been having a bit of a procrastination/anxious moment when it comes to writing and sending emails.
Do you guys ever put off something for so long that you get completely terrified of actually doing it?
Let me know in the comments below!

Over & Out, T x

PS: DO YOU PROCRASTINATE? IF SO, DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS ON HOW TO STOP?

2 comments :

  1. I'm the same way! Especially when it comes to writing essays.

    http://emiladetheblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's sad is that once I actually start writing essays I don't mind it at all..

      Delete